Sunday 23 June 2013

The City of Dreams

So it's about time I create a post about Ameeeeerica. I love the States, it's one of my favorite places to travel to. I especially love California. My family and I visit LA almost once a year. It's a great city. Every time I visit, I try to skip all the touristy activities and try to find places where more of the locals go to.


























The Santa Monica Pier is a great place to visit anytime of the week. I love the pier because there is just so much to do! Of course it's a little touristic but there are some quiet spots along the pier and it's just so much fun to discover them. What I love to do in Santa Monica is just borrow a bike and ride along the pavement for ages. It's a great way to see the pier as well as doing some sports on the way! It's also possible to rent roller skates and just skate around.


























The Santa Monica Pier has something for everyone. There's a theme park, an exercise park and even a small aquarium! There are also some nice restaurants along the beach and some stalls where you can just enjoy a drink and a ice cream!


























My aunt, my sister and I actually came across Venice Beach on the way back from the airport. We had heard about it a couple of times and thought we'd check it out. Venice Beach is really different to Santa Monica Pier. It feels a lot more alive. There were people dancing on the side walk, playing music and singing. It felt a lot more real than the touristic Santa Monica Pier. There were many vendors selling clothes, shoes, jewelry and even people telling fortunes. Around Venice Beach there are some great little cafes and really nice boutique shops.





























Hollywood and Highlands... Whenever I'm in LA, this is one of the places where I love to just grab a coffee and people watch. It is located in the heart of Hollywood and definitely a tourist attraction but somehow it's a really nice place to just chill and watch the world go by. There are tons of stores with famous brand names and it's right next to the Grauman's Chinese Theatre and the Hollywood Walk of Fame. The famous Kodak Theatre is located here (the Oscars are held every year at the Kodak Theatre). What I've discovered is if you go to the 3rd floor, you'll have an amazing view of the famous Hollywood Sign.






































If it's your first time in LA, you'll have to visit the Hollywood Walk of Fame. Basically it's a pedestrian walkway full of stars with celebrities names on it. Also, if you visit the front of the Grauman Chinese Theatre, you'll see loads of handprints of famous celebrities. It's always really busy during the day so I'd advise you to visit it in the morning when there are less people!






































So The Grove is another must see. I LOVE The Grove. It's basically an outdoor shopping arena with great restaurants and a Farmers Market. I've been to The Grove many times and I still never get bored of it. The shops are great and there's just a lot to do there. Sometimes, if you're lucky you'll see celebrities shopping around. From Monday to Friday "Extra" is being filmed on location at The Grove! If you don't know what "Extra" is, it's hosted by Mario Lopez and it's where he interviews celebrities and there are music performances.

The Farmers Market is great as well! My sister and I love walking around the market. There are lots of really cute shops and nice places to eat. I'd advise you, if you have a full day to spare, do spend it at The Grove/Farmers Market. You won't be disappointed!


























If you like shopping, you'll love Rodeo Drive. Rodeo Drive is one of the most expensive shopping streets in the world but you'll still be able to find shops where you can shop reasonably! There not much that you can do here except shop, keep a look out for celebrities, and take really nice pictures outside the famous Beverly Wilshire (Pretty Women, Entourage).

Okay guys, that's all for now! I'll be visiting Washington DC next week so I can't wait to post about that! And thank you guys for checking out my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment