Tuesday 2 July 2013

The Capital of US of A

Okay so I know I've been a bit MIA on my blogs but it's because I've just embarked on a 3 week journey to USA, Central America and Southern Caribbean. I am currently in Washington DC and I've fallen in love with the city.

So I've traveled to many different parts of the US but I've never been to Washington DC till this trip. This city is possibly one of the nicest cities I've been to in the US.





























My family and I are staying at the Fairmont in Georgetown. It's a really lovely neighborhood and super safe as well. Yesterday, we walked around Georgetown and tried to explore the place. Georgetown is like a small little town with lovely shops and restaurants. It was absolutely adorable! The atmosphere was great, on the sidewalk people were playing music and dancing. We also had a peek into a Nike Store and they had shut down the whole store for a mega workout session so there were people on the street doing workout and everyone seemed to really enjoy themselves. There were some great boutique stores and of course the more known brands like BCBG, American Apparel, Aldo etc. It's also SO green so it's really nice to run outside!





























Okay so one of the reasons why I really really wanted to go to DC was to see the famous Lincoln Memorial. I didn't really know what to expect because I had only seen the memorial in pictures but I remember the minute we got off our tour bus my mouth literally just hung open. The memorial is so marvelous. It's just so so beautiful and as I didn't know what to expect, I was even more surprised. On the rims on the building, there are the 36 states that Lincoln ran during his time as President. They're engraved on the sides of the building. The structure itself is very impressive. It's fairly large and is surrounded by grass and has a perfect view on the National Mall. The best thing about visiting the memorial in the morning is that there aren't very many people so great photo opportunities!






























My dad and I in front of the Lincoln Memorial.



























The statue of Abraham Lincoln is incredibly stunning. The statue is HUGE and I actually expected it to be tiny so I was very happy that it was really big like in the movies! I really wanted to sit on his lap but there's a fence around him so you can't really do that :( The statue is very detailed and in my opinion it really resembles him. I could just stand there for ages gazing at this statue because it was just so surreal that I was standing in front of it.






































Finally got a picture in front of Abraham Lincoln!





























The view from the top of the Lincoln Memorial.





























There it is... the famous White House! We were actually on a bus when I took this photo. You can't really go very close to the building. Today, I ran all the way from Georgetown to the White House and since I was on foot and not in a bus, I could at least stand by the fence and take a peek. It looks pretty much like how it's been portrayed to the public but what really fascinates me is the past and the present residence of The White House. It's crazy to think that so many important American Presidents once called The White House their home.





























The famous Capitol building can be seen pretty much from every direction if you're walking down the National Mall. We didn't have much time to take a look at it today but it's the first thing I'm going to do tomorrow and then I'll let you know how it is inside. :)






































America is so patriotic!



















Smithsonian Institution is one of the most famous museum institutions in the whole world, especially the National Air and Space Museum! I've always wanted to take a look in the museum but I really never thought I'd ever have the opportunity, till today! The National Air and Space Museum is something I've never seen in my life. It's HUGE and so informative. I personally LOVE museums so it was my paradise and I had so much fun! The National Air and Space Museum was also featured the Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian.





























Okay, that's all for today! Can't wait to explore Washington DC again tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment